Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Where We Lay Our Heads

Here is a look at our bedroom thus far. We really have put no effort into this room yet, since: 1). Every other room in the house needed more attention, and 2). The greenish-olive wall color in here wasn't too bad...it at least doesn't clash with what we already have. Actually, I have no idea what color I would put in the bedroom. It bothers Ian more than me, but every time I look at paint colors I get nothing. I don't want to do beige. I wouldn't mind a green, but one that is less olive-y. I don't mind the darker shade either, since the bedroom is a decent size.
Oh, and we replaced the ceiling light (with a cheap light for the time being), after Ian rewired it. The one above, that came with the house, seriously left black scorch marks over where the lightbulbs were (which you can see above).

Here is what our bedroom looks like so far. Ok, that's a lie. Our bedroom never looks like this. It looks like this, but with clothes covering the floor and the bed never made.


We finally found a wardrobe, which took about 6 to 8 months of looking through craigslist, antique stores and auctions. It now holds Ian's hanging clothes, bins for socks and undergarments and sweaters.
We still need a headboard, a second nightstand and some sort of vanity/table and mirror for my makeup, etc.

Materials: (all from our apartment, except for the wardrobe)

Bed: Tempurpedic (best investment EVER, plus we got the box spring free, since it was the floor sample)
Bedding: Crate & Barrel
Sheets: Target
Orange pillows: Crate & Barrel
Knit blanket: Target
Wardrobe: craigslist.org
Side table: Made by Ian
Green table lamp: Target
Dresser: Emporium at Warson Woods (antiques)

No comments:

Post a Comment